2016 InWomen’s Conference:
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
La Quinta Hotel
Palm Springs, CA
Friday June 10, 2016
Abstracts are now being accepted for the 9th annual InWomen’s Conference.
Abstract Submission and Travel Award Application Deadline:
January 11, 2016
Abstract and Travel Award Notifications will be sent by:
February 23, 2016
Visa Letters Issued:
February 23 – May 16, 2016
*New Submission Procedure: Abstracts will now be submitted via a new streamlined submission site. This process allows for up to four abstracts to be submitted at once.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Only abstracts with a focus or component on substance use among women, children, youth, LGBTQ, and/or gender differences will be considered.
- The online abstract submission system permits an abstract summary to be copied from a word processing document or a clipboard and pasted directly into the submission form.
- Please ensure your category selection(s) are correct, authors are listed in the proper order, and that there are no typographical errors in the title and text of the abstract. Abstracts will be printed as entered in conference materials.
- Always keep an original copy of your submitted abstract(s) and your electronic submission confirmation.
- You may submit more than one abstract for consideration. If you wish you submit more than four abstracts, you will be required to complete a new application and re-enter your personal information.
Abstract Review, Notification and Travel Awards
Abstracts submitted for the 9th annual InWomen’s Conference will be reviewed and scored by the members of the InWomen’s Abstract Review Committee. Selected abstracts will be offered the opportunity to present at the 2016 Conference. Several merit-based travel awards will be awarded to new investigators (not more than 7 years post their terminal degree) and/or investigators from a Low-Income or Middle-Income (LAMI) country, no matter their academic stage. You will be notified via email whether or not your abstract has been accepted by February 23, 2016. If your abstract is accepted, you will receive a request to confirm your availability to attend. Instructions on poster preparation, including presentation format and poster session date and time, will be emailed to you in advance of the meeting. For participants who request a formal letter of invitation to the 2016 meeting in order to obtain a U.S. visa, InWomen’s will issue the letters between February 23 and May 16, 2016.
Travel Awards and Conference Donations
We are working hard to raise funds so we can offer travel awards for new investigators and/or investigators from LAMI countries with the best abstracts that have been accepted for the poster session. If you would like to contribute to an end-of-year tax-deductible travel award fund, please click here: http://tinyurl.com/InWomenDonation
Please note that conference registration is separate from the abstract submission process, but you must register and attend the conference to have your abstract published and to receive the travel award. Registration for the InWomen’s Conference will be opened following travel award notifications. All those who submitted an abstract will be sent an email with a conference registration link.
Make the most out of your conference experience by staying connected and informed on all conference updates through our social media sites. Abstract submission due dates and conference registration information will be posted on our blog.
Be sure to connect with us via:
The InWomen’s Committee