Included below are suggested readings organized by relevant topics from the table co-chairs in preparation of the Preventing and Treating Substance Use Disorders among Young Women: What Works discussion table that will be held from 16:15-17:30 on Friday, June 12, 2015 at the InWomen’s Conference.
- Tanner-Smith, E. & Lipsey, M. (2015). Brief alcohol interventions for adolescents and young adults: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment, 51, 1-18.
- Jackson, C. A., Henderson, M., Frank, J. W., Haw, S. J. (2012). An overview of prevention of multiple risk behaviour in adolescence and young adulthood. Journal of Public Health, 34 Suppl 1:i31-40. doi: 10.1093/pubmed/fdr113.
- Lojewski, R., Rotunda, R. J., & Arruda, J. E. (2010). Personalized normative feedback to reduce drinking among college students: A social norms intervention examining genderbased versus standard feedback. Journal of Alcohol & Drug Education, 54, 19–40.
- Najavits, L.M., Gallop, R.S., & Weiss, R.D. (2006). Seeking safety therapy for adolescent girls with PTSD and substance use disorder: A randomized controlled trial. Journal of Behavioral Health Services & Research, 33, 453 – 463.
- Blake S. M., Amaro, H., Schwartz, P., & Flinchbaugh, L. J. (2001). A review of substance abuse prevention interventions for young adolescent girls. Journal of Early Adolescence, 21(3), 294-324
- Musher-Eizenman, D.R. & Kulick, A.D. (2003). An alcohol expectancy-challenge prevention program for at-risk college women. Psychology of Addictive Behaviors, 17, 163-166.
- Amaro, H., Blake, S. M., Schwartz, P., & Flinchbaugh, L. J. (2001). Developing theory-based substance abuse prevention programs for young adolescent girls. Journal of Early Adolescence, 21(3), 256-293;
- Guthrie, B. J., Rotheram, M. J., Genero, N., Amaro, H., Chesney-Lind, M., Flinchbaugh, L. J., et al. (2001). A guide to understanding female adolescents’ substance abuse: Gender and ethnic considerations for prevention and treatment policy (DHHS Pub. No. (SMA) 00-3309). Rockville, MD: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration,
- Winters, K. C. (1999). Treating adolescents with substance use disorders: An overview of practice issues and treatment outcome. Substance Abuse, 20(4), 203-225.