Included below are suggested readings organized by relevant topics from the table co-chairs in preparation of the Beyond the Individual: Structural and Environmental Interventions for Preventing and Treating Substance Use Disorders and Related Health Risks among Women discussion table that will be held from 16:15-17:30 on Friday, June 12, 2015 at the InWomen’s Conference.
- Andrade, L. H., Alonso, J., Mneimneh, Z., Wells, J. E., Al-Hamzawi, A., Borges, G., … & Kessler, R. C. (2014). Barriers to mental health treatment: results from the WHO World Mental Health surveys. Psychological Medicine, 44(06), 1303-1317.
- Clark, M. et al (2015). The Gender Dimension of Non-Medical Use of Prescription Drugs in Europe and the Mediterranean Region. Council of Europe, April 2015. Retrieved from https://book.coe.int/eur/en/drugs-and-addiction/6440-the-gender-dimension-of-non-medical-use-of-prescription-drugs-in-europe-and-the-mediterranean-region.html
- Cohen, D. A., Scribner, R. A., & Farley, T. A. (2000). A structural model of health behavior: a pragmatic approach to explain and influence health behaviors at the population level. Preventive Medicine, 30(2), 146-154.
- Kruize, H., Droomers, M., van Kamp, I., & Ruijsbroek, A. (2014). What Causes Environmental Inequalities and Related Health Effects? An Analysis of Evolving Concepts. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 11(6), 5807-5827.
- Kruk, E. Sandberg, K. (2013) A home for body and soul: Substance using women in recovery. Kruk and Sandberg Harm Reduction Journal, 10:39 http://www.harmreductionjournal.com/content/10/1/39
- Schell, S. F., Luke, D. A., Schooley, M. W., Elliott, M. B., Herbers, S. H., Mueller, N. B., & Bunger, A. C. (2013). Public health program capacity for sustainability: a new framework. Implementation Science, 8(1), 15. http://www.implementationscience.com/content/8/1/15
- Kim, H., Tracy, E., Brown, S., Jun, M., Park, H., Min, M., & McCarty, C. (2015). Personal networks of women in residential and outpatient substance abuse treatment. Addiction Research & Theory, (ahead-of-print), 1-9.
- Mowbray, O., Quinn, A., & Cranford, J. A. (2014). Social networks and alcohol use disorders: findings from a nationally representative sample. The American Journal of Drug and Alcohol Abuse, 40(3), 181-186. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4004646/pdf/nihms564966.pdf