Included below are suggested readings organized by relevant topics from the table co-chairs in preparation of the Engaging Hard-to Reach Women in Drug Treatment and Other Health Services discussion table that will be held from 16:15-17:30 on Friday, June 12, 2015 at the InWomen’s Conference.
- Upshur C, Weinreb, L., Bharel, M., Reed, G., Frisard, C. (2014). A Randomized Control Trial of a Chronic Care Intervention for Homeless Women With Alcohol Use Problems. Journal of substance Abuse Treatment. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jsat.2014.11.001
- Myers B., Kline, L. T., Doherty, A. I., Carney, T., Wechsberg, M. W. (2014) Perceived need for substance use treatment among young women from disadvantaged communities in Cape Town, South Africa (2014). BMC Psychiatry.
- Pinkham, S, Myers, B., Stoicescu, C. (2012). Developing effective health interventions for women who inject drugs: key areas and recommendations for program development and policy. Advances in Preventive Medicine, 2012, 10 pages. DOI: 10.1155/2012/269123.
- Myers, B., Louw, J., Pasche, SE. (2011). Gendered barriers to substance abuse treatment utilization among disadvantaged communities in Cape Town, South Africa. African Journal of Psychiatry, 14, 146-153.
- Rapp, R.C., Otto, A.L., Lane, D.T., Redko, C., McGatha, S., Carlson, R.G. (2008). Improving linkage with substance abuse treatment using brief case management and motivational interviewing. Drug Alcohol Depen 94, 172-82.
- Greenfield SF, Brooks, A.J., Gordon, S.M., Green, C.A., Kropp, F., McHugh, R.K., Lincoln, M., Hien, D., Miele, G.M. (2007). Substance abuse treatment entry, retention, and outcome in women: a review of the literature. Drug Alcohol Depend 86, 1-21.
- Nuttbrook, L.A., Rosenblum, A., Magura, S., Vilano, C., Wallace, J. (2004). Linking female sex workers with substance abuse treatment. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment, 27, 233-9.