Following the afternoon poster session, we will have an opportunity to discuss current literature in five areas that relate to women, children and substance use. The experts hosting each of the topic tables below have chosen papers to discuss with you. Please select a table that looks most interesting to you and read these papers before you come to the meeting. We’re looking forward to seeing you in two weeks!
2014 Discussion Table Papers
Pregnancy & postpartum (Hosts: Margaret Chisolm & Mishka Terplan)
- Chisolm MS, Cheng D, Terplan M. The relationship between pregnancy intention and change in perinatal cigarette smoking: an analysis of PRAMS data. J Subst Abuse Treat. 2014;46(2):189-193.
- Terplan M, Cheng D, Chisolm MS. The relationship between pregnancy intention and alcohol use behavior: an analysis of PRAMS data. J Subst Abuse Treat. 2014;46(4):506-510.
HIV Risks & International Interventions for Women (Hosts: Felicia Browne, Nabila El-Bassel, Bronwyn Myers)
- Browne FA, Wechsberg WM, White VM, Ellerson RM, Raiford JL, Carry MG, Herbst JH. The influence of social determinants on sexual risk among out-of-school African American female adolescents. Vulnerable Children and Youth Studies. 2014;9(2):139-150.
- El-Bassel N, Shaw SA, Dasgupta A, Strathdee SA. People who inject drugs in intimate relationships: it takes two to combat HIV. Curr HIV/AIDS Rep. 2014;11(1):45-51.
- Myers B, Kline TL, Browne FA, et al. Ethnic differences in alcohol and drug use and related sexual risks for HIV among vulnerable women in Cape Town, South Africa: implications for interventions. BMC Public Health. 2013;13:174.
Smoking Cessation and Incentive Programs (Hosts: Yukiko Washio and Cheryl Oncken)
- Washio Y, Cassey H. Systematic Review of Interventions for Racial/Ethnic-Minority Pregnant Smokers. Journal of Smoking Cessation. 2014:1-16.
Justice Involved Women (Hosts: Sally Stevens, Diane Morse, Precious Bedell)
- Morse DS, Cerulli C, Bedell P, et al. Meeting health and psychological needs of women in drug treatment court. J Subst Abuse Treat. 2014;46(2):150-157.
- Powell C, Stevens S, Dolce BL, Sinclair KO, Swenson-Smith C. Outcomes of a Trauma-Informed Arizona Family Drug Court. Journal of Social Work Practice in the Addictions. 2012;12(3):219-241.
NIDA International Funding Opportunities on Women and Gender (Host: Cora Lee Wetherington)